Monday, October 18, 2010

Pingree: Opposed to the war or not?

I recently wathed a clip of Chellie Pingree stating that she was opposed to the war and to the $7 billion we spend on it a month. 5 minutes later I read that she had secured funding for the developement of blast shields to protect our troops.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the end, wouldn't that contribute the $7 billion we spend on the war each month? Doesn't that sort of go against what she had stated earlier?
I love the fact that she wants to protect the troops and I'm all for it, but I'm just confused about this whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, that seems odd!

    I have friends who state that they would rather us not have started a war, but now that we're there we can't just leave. maybe it's like that? I'm confused as well, I'd love to see those clips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice point, Dillon! Similarly, I've been a bit confused about Pingree's stance on the wars in general when I learned that she was instrumental in getting more "destroyers" built at BIW in Maine. I think this was touted as a good thing for Maine's economy, but it does seem to contradict her statement about not supporting the war. More research is needed, I guess!

    ReplyDelete